About us and why we might be a good choice of design studio...
Wrkm8s design was formed in 2007 with just two business partners, Rosemary and Tom, who both have an extensive background in graphic design and page makeup. Today we're still a business of only two partners. In the early months we discussed possible strategies for growth, but we realised that at the heart of it all was the fact that we were able to offer a personal and affordable service for customers who needed day-to-day help with their marketing communications.
We have in the past worked and pitched for big name companies, some won and some lost, but we've since learned to save our creative energy and persuasiveness for the benefit of our customers, not for our own self image or to build an empire. We don't submit work for awards and we're only competitive with ourselves and what we offer.
In short, our goal is to continue to offer long term support to companies who require help with bringing their marketing strategies to fruition.
So how could a studio like ours be beneficial to your business?
- Having an in-house marketing department can be expensive to run. One of our customers recently likened us to a tap – a fully functioning marketing service which can be turned on and off when you need it without wasting water.
- We don't buy in or employ other creative services therefore we don't need extra administration to keep them, the cost of which would normally be passed on to the customer.
- No Account Managers – because we're small our customers get to talk directly to us, the designers. Good for marketing managers who like to be hands on.
- Quick response and turnaround – we have a good handle on timescales so rarely find ourselves overloaded. If our customers need something urgently, we're here and we haven't yet failed to deliver on time.
- Versatility – we're a bit like a toolbox that our customers can dip into whenever they need. They know where we are and what’s inside and fundamentally all of the tools are there to help them look their best.